Wednesday, November 16th, 2022
The Brain Foundation is a registered national charity which was established in 1970 by neurologists and neurosurgeons. Our mission is to fund the highest quality Australian research into brain disorders, diseases, and injuries, with the ultimate goal of advancing diagnoses, treatments, and patient outcomes. We also provide information & resources regarding many different neurological conditions to raise awareness within the community and support patients and their families.
The Brain Foundation’s work involves:
- An annual research grants program which has been operating for over 50 years.
- Raising awareness about the prevalence and impact of brain disorders, diseases & injuries.
- Helping people better understand brain health & ageing through the Healthy Brain Program
- Educating patients & clinicians through webinar events and medically reviewed articles.
- Community support & advocacy (particularly for migraine and headache).
- Keeping supporters up to date on the latest medical news through our newsletters & social media.
The Brain Foundation also includes Migraine & Headache Australia, which is a division that has supported the 6 million Australians affected by migraine and headache since 1996.